Paragraph references given with the questions are depicted by the number of paragraphs in each article. Starting with the beginning of the article I assigned each paragraph a number starting with par 1. For example there are 13 paragraphs in R768 so to find a reference which reads "R768 par 5, 6" count from the beginning of the article down to paragraph 5 to find the answer reference. Because of the wide use of electronic media this method will enable the brethren to locate the reference whether on the printed page or in a computing application.
|a.||Define Christian Unity?|
|b.||Why is unity desirable, necessary, and how is it beneficial? Explain.|
|c.||What is the only proper basis for such unity and why would any other basis be detrimental?|
3. Should we be independent Christians and independent thinkers? Or should everyone have exactly the same thinking on any given subject? Explain the extremes that might prove a snare and the proper and balanced view we should take. (Remember Satan uses extremes. See E296 #2) R768 "Christian Union" par 5,6, 13
4. Can Controversy actually help bring about a stronger bond of unity amongst the brethren? What advice should be given so that we may benefit together as brethren in handling differences? R768 par 10,11
5. Why is there so much opportunity for friction among the Lord's people? What are the root causes of disagreement? What must we seek after and apply for to avoid friction? R4994 heading "Causes of Friction Increasing" R5229 par 4,5
6. What are some ways we might properly deal with those who insist on being disagreeable? R5229 par 8,9
8. In order to be obedient to the commands of the Master what do the scriptures indicate are our obligations as individuals one to another? How should we view each member of the body? What are our privileges respecting the weaker? . R5229 par 1-3 & par 10-12; R4994 par 10-13; R5843:13 par 6,7
10. Share some of the special blessings and lessons gained by observation, experience, and study that has helps you appreciate the importance of this subject Christian Unity?