Br. Ed Lorenz
Preparing for the Day of The Lord
1 Thess. 5:1,2
- The brethren have no need to be further instructed as to the presence of Christ because we know perfectly of the Times and Seasons. We know because we have been instructed by the Lord through the agency of His choosing. - Rev. 1:1,10
2 Pet. 3:10
- On the Lord's day (1874 onward.) John heard a voice behind him - The Lord's voice, "as of a trumpet," so the Lord identified His Voice with the sounding of a trumpet -- The Jubilee Trumpet.
- Sign of presence and consumation of age
- Wars, etc.
- Great Tribulation which shall never be again. - Jesus identified himself with Michael because he quoted his words (Dan. 12:1,2
- Fig tree (Israel) puts forth leaves.
2 Pet. 1:16-19
- Referring to vision on mount of Kingdom - Moses, Elijah, Jesus. --
Prefaced by vs 12
- And after six days -- i.e., after six one-thousand year days.
-- Note especially vs. 1:9
in Wymouth this reads: "And it is my prayer that your love may be more and more accompanied by clear knowledge and keen perception, for testing things that differ." -- Note: "Clear knowledge" "keen perception" and "testing things that differ."
- How do we know what differs. We need to have some standard to compare. We have the writings of the Seventh Messenger from the Lord. - We are to grow to the measure of the fullness of Christ.
- Verse 10 from Weymouth: "So that you may be men of transparent character
, and may be blameless
, in preparation for the day of Christ."
- (Weymouth) "For it is God Himself whose power creates within you the desire to do His gracious will and also brings about the accomplishment of the desire."
- appear with him in glory
- see Weymouth
- Jesus applied this to all brethren since 1914. -- Luke 21:24
times of gentiles, vs. 28
look up, lift up your heads.
Who then is that wise and faithful servant whom his lord
hath made ruler.
Wise and foolish virgins - all recognized presence of Christ
(esp. vs 9) He loved righteousness (truth) and hated iniquity
2 Tim. 4:6-8